Sophos has released version 17.5 MR11 for Sophos Firewall OS (SFOS).
Note: For more information on upgrading, see the following post: Upgrading SFOS firmware to Sophos Firewall.
This version is for those who cannot upgrade to SFOS v18 with their appliance. So more specifically, this affects the XG 85 and SG/XG 105 devices, which no longer support the new SFOS v18.
Sophos Connect supports more IP addresses
The coronavirus is forcing companies in various industries to make their corporate infrastructure accessible to home offices. The Sophos Connect client is ideally suited for a secure connection. However, many companies need more than the 255 IPs supported so far. The SFOS 17.5 MR11 removes this limit.
With this update your firewall also supports the new SD-REDs, which you can already pre-order in our store:
- NC-48116 [Authentication] Importing users via csv file with special character in password fails
- NC-54642 [Authentication] Authentication not working due to high CPU utilization of access_server
- NC-55265 [Authentication] Not able to see entire IP address details for Live users on XG GUI
- NC-49765 [Clientless Access] Clientless SMB Bookmark – Unable to upload files in a folder or share with a comma
- NC-52709 [IPS Engine] IPS signature shown as detect with rule association 0 when set as DROP
- NC-57067 [IPsec] Sophos Connect lease is not supporting more than 255 IP addresses in address range
- NC-51862 [Logging Framework] Incorrect value received in gateway graph for PPPoE interface
- NC-50796 [RED] All RED site to site tunnel restart when configuring one RED interface
- NC-57800 [Reporting] Application summary in reports does not show any records
- NC-46009 [SecurityHeartbeat] Spontaneous reconnects of many endpoints
- NC-51562 [SecurityHeartbeat] Heartbeat service not started after HA failover