Sophos has released version 18.0 GA build 339 for Sophos Firewall OS (SFOS). You can download the new firmware immediately from the MySophos portal .
We have already presented all the new features in detail in a separate article: Sophos SFOS v18: overview of new features
This update is for those who want to upgrade from version 17.5 MR10 to v18.0 GA-Build339.
The new build provides the ability to independently enable/disable SSL/TLS inspection rules via a new switch. This small but nice switch is for customers upgrading from SFOS version 17.5. By default, the new feature is disabled to avoid possible errors during the upgrade. Thus, customers who want to use the new DPI input must activate the function.
By enabling SSL/TLS inspection, the following features are put into effect:
- All traffic is checked to determine if it is SSL/TLS traffic.
- The configured SSL/TLS rules are applied.
- The traffic is decrypted by the DPI-Enginge, which also makes the web policies work.
- In the dashboard, the corresponding widget is activated and the values are updated.
- NNC-54339 [Config Migration Framework] v17.5 MR-10 to v18.0 GA migration support
- NC-56550 [Policy Routing] SD-WAN policy routing screen smudge with blue strip
- NC-56201 [RED] Backup/Restore failed from v17.5 MR to v18 with specific RED configuration
- NC-56397 [Web] User getting certificate error