Sophos SW/Virtual Standard Protection – 16 CORES & 24GB RAM
13.640,29 € - 51.151,08 €
Learn more about the
Sophos Standard Protection
IT infrastructure security starts with a powerful firewall. To use the full potential of Sophos Firewall and unlock certain features, certain licenses are required. Sophos Standard Protection is priced more attractively than the individual licenses. It is also the best-selling license for Sophos Firewall. Without this license, your Sophos Firewall would only work with the basic license, making many premium features unavailable.
Network Protection - This license provides top-notch protection for your network.
- Intrusion Prevention System (IPS): This security module continuously monitors network traffic, including traffic between internal networks (VLANs). SSL/TLS Inspection integration enables IPS to scan decrypted traffic. When suspicious activities or attack patterns are detected, they are blocked immediately to ensure network security and data safety.
- Advanced Threat Protection (ATP): Analyzes incoming and outgoing network traffic for threats. ATP allows you to detect compromised clients on your network and log or block traffic from these devices.
- VPN enables secure connections for remote workstations and site-to-site networking via IPsec or SSLVPN. With VPN, employees can access corporate resources securely and efficiently from anywhere.
- SD-WAN: optimizes network performance by intelligently leveraging multiple WAN links, maximizing bandwidth and minimizing latency. Unlike expensive MPLS lines, SD-WAN or the SD-RED VPN provides a simple and cost-effective way to establish and manage secure connections between multiple sites.
- DoS & DDoS Protection: These security mechanisms detect and fend off overload attacks as well as targeted sabotage attempts aimed at crippling your IT infrastructure. Constant monitoring and real-time intervention of your network keeps it available and performing in critical situations.
- Synchronized Security and the Security Heartbeat, the Sophos Firewall combined with Network Protection provides efficient communication between Sophos security solutions. These mechanisms improve the efficiency of threat detection and response by sharing security information between endpoints and network products.
- Xstream TLS Inspection: This allows Sophos Firewall to inspect encrypted traffic to identify potential threats. This makes it possible to detect and block dangerous content hidden in encrypted connections without compromising the user's privacy.
- Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) analyzes all network traffic, not just header information, to detect threats. Detection of malware, malicious applications, and other risks improves network security and enables targeted security policy adjustments. By using DPI in your Sophos Firewall, you can strengthen your defenses against cyberattacks.
Web Protection - Decrypt, Monitor, Control and Analyze Internet Traffic
- URL filtering: This security measure blocks access to dangerous or non-compliant websites. SophosLabs makes it possible to use an extensive database of millions of websites to ensure that users are kept away from malicious content.
- Synchronized App Control: This innovative feature is part of Sophos's Synchronized Security. It enables detection, classification and control of unknown applications on the network. Seamless information sharing between different Sophos products allows network anomalies to be detected more quickly and responded to accordingly.
- Xstream TLS Inspection: At a time when more and more web traffic is encrypted, Xstream TLS Inspection ensures that organizations are not blind to threats. It decrypts, analyzes and re-encrypts SSL/TLS traffic while maintaining user privacy and security. This ensures that encrypted threats do not go undetected.
- Traffic shaping for web and applications: Traffic shaping and QoS tools in Sophos Web Protection enable organizations to use network resources efficiently. Targeted prioritization of traffic can optimize critical business applications and restrict non-essential traffic as needed.
- Web Control: This tool provides unprecedented control over users' web access. An extensive URL filtering database and detailed filtering options allow organizations to target web access, improving both security and productivity.
- Protection against web threats: Sophos Web Protection arms businesses against a wide range of online threats. From viruses to unwanted applications, the solution protects networks and users from malicious attacks and ensures they are protected in the ever-changing cyber threat environment.
- Dual Engine Antivirus: Sophos Web Protection uses both its own and a second, independent malware detection engine from Avira. This ensures that all downloaded data is thoroughly scanned for any malware.
- Content Control: Organizations can restrict or block the download of specific file types based on security and business requirements, with control based on file type, extension, and active content types.
- Phishing Protection: Protection against pharming attacks is essential. Sophos Web Protection ensures that users are not redirected to fake websites that could steal their personal data.
- HTTPS Scanning: Since much of the web traffic is encrypted, it is important to scan this traffic for threats. Sophos offers Xstream TLS Inspection to analyze encrypted traffic without compromising user security or privacy.
- Application Control: This technology works at layer 7 level and detects and controls the data traffic of applications. Organizations can prioritize network traffic, block unwanted applications and optimize bandwidth usage to ensure a smooth network experience.
- Time-based Web Browsing: IT administrators can use this feature to control users' web access based on schedules. Companies can set surfing time limits by user or group to ensure that the Internet is used productively during working hours.
- Reporting: Sophos Web Protection's comprehensive reporting capabilities provide organizations with valuable insight into web and application activity. Detailed logs and analytics visualize web access, application usage, and detected threats, enabling IT managers to make informed decisions and continuously optimize security strategy.
Enhanced support - access to Sophos experts 24/7 and extended warranty
- Sophos Support: Sophos Support is always available to help you with technical challenges or questions. Open support tickets or call directly to the specialized Sophos team, available around the clock, 24/7. Benefit from the expertise of experienced technicians who will deal specifically with your request and ensure a speedy solution.
- Important note about using support: Enhanced Support is there for you if you believe that a feature of your firewall is not working correctly. However, it is not designed to fill gaps in your own knowledge of how to configure the firewall. In such cases, we will be happy to assist you according to our support conditions.
- Firmware updates: Sophos Enhanced Support ensures that your firewall is always up-to-date thanks to regular firmware updates. So you always enjoy the latest features and the best possible security. Without this license only 3 firmware updates are included for free.
- Security hotfixes: Sophos provides regular security hotfixes to quickly respond to newly identified threats and close security gaps. These hotfixes ensure that your systems remain robust against current and emerging security threats.
- Pattern Updates: These updates ensure that your Sophos solution always has up-to-date detection patterns. This allows it to effectively identify and defend against known malware, viruses and other harmful content. Pattern Updates keeps your security infrastructure up to date and reliably protects you from threats.
- Extended warranty: More security beyond the standard warranty. Enhanced Support extends the warranty period of your Sophos Firewall up to 5 years.
- Advance exchange in the event of a warranty claim: In the event of a hardware defect, an uncomplicated advance exchange is available to you. This way, your firewall infrastructure is fully functional again as quickly as possible.
Let us improve your safety
Our services are designed to help you keep your Sophos products running securely and reliably. In addition to the classic support for Sophos Firewalls or the Central platform, we offer the following services, which can be requested from us at any time:
Security auditsRequest more information
Want to have your Sophos products set up by professionals? We support you during commissioning and configuration for smooth operation.
You would like to change from your SG Firewall (UTM) to a XGS Firewall with the SFOS operating system? Thanks to our experience, we can also manage your changeover without any worries.
You have set up your Sophos products yourself and would like us to check the configuration? We will check your settings and give our recommendation.
Is it your job to be knowledgeable about Sophos products in your organization? We offer targeted training that is completely tailored to your needs.
Deepen your knowledge and learn more about the “Sophos XGS Firewall”
EDUCATION & GOVERNMENT
Special awards for educational and government institutions
Sophos offers special discounts for schools and government institutions to meet specific budget requirements. A discount of at least 20 % can be expected.*
Ask us and we will prepare an offer for you completely free of charge and without obligation.
* Special pricing for educational and government institutions is only available in the DACH region.Request special prices
Try Sophos Firewall free
Familiarize yourself with the Sophos Firewall user interface before purchasing. See for yourself how intuitive this advanced operating system is and learn about all the features of Sophos Firewall.
Use the online demo for instant access directly in the browser, without installation. Or download the Sophos Firewall software for free (ISO) and install it on your own hardware.
Use the following credentials to start your online demo. Username: demo / Password: XG@dem0user
Help with purchase
Are there any questions about the product?
It is better to ask again before buying, before you end up holding the wrong product in your hands.Ask question