Sophos Sandstorm: With Sandboxing against Zero-Day-Maleware and APTs
Sophos is a leader in the fight against malware. Traditional malware protection remains the first line of defense. But your business needs more tools to fight targeted malware and zero-day threats. But you don’t want to create another isolated solution that will cause even more confusion in the network.
In this article we introduce Sophos Sandstorm, a new product from Sophos which has been available since 1 December 2015.
What is Sophos Sandstorm?
Sophos Sandstorm is a solution to defend against Advanced Persistent Threats (APT) and zero-day malware. With powerful, cloud-based next-generation sandbox technology, Sophos Sandstorm complements security products by quickly and reliably detecting, blocking and responding to evasive malware that overlooks other solutions.
This all sounds very technical now, but in short, Sophos Sandstorm is an additional component to the existing security protection, which can provide even more up-to-date protection against threats.
How Sophos Sandstorm leaves the competition behind
Sandstorm is simple:
- Simple test procedure - registration can be done within the product interface
- Easy deployment - Just activate the policy and you’re done.
- Simple administration - all functions can be accessed in the user interface with a maximum of three clicks
Sandstorm is effective:
- Sandstorm blocks evasive malware - it detects threats specifically designed to bypass sandboxes and be overlooked by other solutions.
- Effective control - simple, efficient policy control
- Transparent protection - detailed, incident based reports
Sandstorm is provided via the cloud:
- Lightning fast deployment - instant protection without hardware provisioning or appliance upgrades
- Minimal impact on performance - all processing takes place in the cloud
- Collective intelligence - threat analysis data from all customers is correlated and benefits all users
What you need to know about Sophos Sandstorm
Sophos Sandstorm can initially be deployed with the Sophos Web Appliance 4.2. Sandstorm requires a separate license at a cost of approximately 50% of the Sophos Web Appliance Subscription. Sandstorm is scheduled to integrate with Sophos Email Appliance 4.0, UTM 9.4, Cloud Web Gateway and XG Firewall in 2016.
Buy a Sophos Sandstorm licence
If you are looking for a targeted threat solution and are interested in Sophos Sandstorm, you can buy Sophos Sandstorm from our online store for the SG Firewall or XG Firewall. Simply click on your hardware model and select the new Sandstorm license.