Sophos is one of the leading companies when it comes to fighting malware. Traditional malware protection is still essential as a first line of defense. However, your organization needs more tools to reliably defend against targeted malware and zero-day threats. But you don’t want to create another isolated solution for that, which will cause even more confusion in the network.
In this article, we will introduce you to Sophos Sandstorm, a new product from Sophos that has been available since December 1, 2015.
What is Sophos Sandstorm?
Sophos Sandstorm is a solution for defending against advanced persistent threats (APT) and zero-day malware. With powerful cloud-based next-generation sandbox technology, Sophos Sandstorm complements security products by quickly and reliably detecting, blocking, and responding to evasive malware that other solutions miss.
This all sounds very technical, but in a nutshell, Sophos Sandstorm is an additional component to the existing security protection, but it can provide even more up-to-date protection against threats.
How Sophos Sandstorm leaves the competition behind
Sandstorm is simple:
- Easy testing process – the registration can be done within the product interface
- Easy deployment – just activate the policy
- Easy management – all functions can be reached in the user interface with a maximum of three clicks
Sandstorm is effective:
- Sandstorm blocks evasive malware – it detects threats that are specifically designed to evade sandboxes and are missed by other solutions
- Effective control – simple, efficient policy control
- Transparent protection – detailed, incident-based reports
Sandstorm is delivered via the cloud:
- Lightning-fast deployment – instant protection without hardware deployment or appliance upgrade
- Minimal performance impact – all processing occurs in the cloud
- Collective intelligence – threat intelligence data from all customers is correlated and benefits all users
What you need to know about Sophos Sandstorm
Deployment of Sophos Sandstorm is initially possible with Sophos Web Appliance 4.2. Sandstorm requires a separate license, priced at approximately 50% of the Sophos Web Appliance Subscription. Integration of Sandstorm with Sophos Email Appliance 4.0, UTM 9.4, Cloud Web Gateway and XG Firewall is planned for 2016.
Buy Sophos Sandstorm license
If you are looking for a solution for targeted threats and are interested in Sophos Sandstorm, you can purchase Sophos Sandstorm in our Sophos Firewall store. Just click on your hardware model and select the new Sandstorm license.