- Our principles
- We only obtain and store required data and do not ask you for information that is not used to improve our service or optimize our marketing. We only pass on your customer data to third parties in clearly defined exceptions.
- Once you purchase a Sophos product through our website, we must register it with Sophos itself. For this purpose, we must provide your name, company name, address and email address.
- Marketing Tools
- We have decided in September 2020 that we will no longer use web analytics services on the Avanet website. Previously we used Google Analytics to measure traffic to our website. This data has helped us to optimize and further develop the website based on visitor behaviour. At the moment we do not track any traffic and rely on voluntary feedback from our customers. This allows us to further improve the shopping experience on our website even without tracking.
- Payment Provider
- As payment option we offer among other possibilities the credit card. We use the payment provider Stripe, headquartered in San Francisco (USA). Your postal address, email address and credit card information are stored encrypted in their database. For security reasons we will never store any credit card information in our database!
- Hosting Frontend
- The Avanet website, i.e. everything that runs under https://avanet.com, is hosted on servers of cyon GmbH based in Basel (Switzerland).
- Hosting Backend
- The database of our shop is hosted on the Google Cloud platform. So once you create an account, all the information you need to provide, except your credit card information, will be stored in Google Firestore.
- If you have an Avanet account, you will occasionally receive automated emails from us. To send such emails, we use the email services mailgun and Mandrill (part of MailChimp).