- Our principles
- We only obtain and store required data and do not ask you for information that is not used to improve our service or optimize our marketing. We only pass on your customer data to third parties in clearly defined exceptions.
- Once you purchase a Sophos product through our website, we must register it with Sophos itself. For this purpose, we must provide your name, company name, address and email address.
- Cookies are text files that your browser stores when you visit a website. Cookies are used, for example, so that you do not have to log in again when you visit a website or web application again.
Cookies are also used by web analysis services such as Google Analytics to identify the visitor. You can also deactivate the storage of cookies by a corresponding setting in your browser. However, by turning off cookies, you may not be able to use certain functions on this website entirely.
- Marketing Tools
- We use the web analysis service Google Analytics to measure access to our website. We need this data in order to optimise and further develop the website based on the behaviour of the visitors. Google Analytics is a service of the American company Google Inc., which in turn is a subsidiary of Alphabet Inc. which has its headquarters in Mountain View, California.
You can prevent the collection of data by Google Analytics by installing the following browser plug-in: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
Further information on data protection at Google can be found under the following web link: https://www.google.com/intl/de_DE/analytics/learn/privacy.html
For general information about the tracking services used and for individual deactivation of the services used, we recommend the browser plug-in Ghostery.
- Live Chat
- We would like to help you and all visitors of our website with questions as quickly as possible. For this purpose we use the Tidio Chat from Tidio Ltd. (UK) and Tidio LLC (USA), which you can click at any time on the bottom right of each page and get in touch with us.
If you don't need this chat, we recommend the browser plugin Ghostery, which can block the Tidio chat.
- Payment Provider
- As payment option we offer among other possibilities the credit card. We use the payment provider Stripe, headquartered in San Francisco (USA). Your postal address, email address and credit card information are stored encrypted in their database. For security reasons we will never store any credit card information in our database!
- Hosting Frontend
- The Avanet website, i.e. everything that runs under https://avanet.com, is hosted on servers of cyon GmbH based in Basel (Switzerland).
- Hosting Backend
- The database of our shop is hosted on the Google Cloud platform. So once you create an account, all the information you need to provide, except your credit card information, will be stored in Google Firestore.
- If you have an Avanet account, you will occasionally receive automated emails from us. To send such emails, we use the email services mailgun and Mandrill (part of MailChimp).