Sophos Central Wireless requirements
In this article, we’ll show you what you need to do to ensure that your Sophos Access Points can communicate with Sophos Central Wireless without any problems.
Important: If the following conditions are not met, problems may occur when registering a Sophos Access Point.
Supported Sophos access points
Sophos Central Wireless can only be used with the following access points:
- Sophos AP15 / AP15c
- Sophos AP55 / AP55c
- Sophos AP100 / AP100c / AP100x
- Sophos APX 320 / APX 530 / APX 740
Info: Whether an access point is compatible with Sophos Central Wireless depends on the model, but also on the installed firmware. Access points with a Central sticker on the back can be connected without hesitation. If the model is correct at an access point, but no central sticker is available, it is recommended to connect the device first to an XG or UTM v9.4 to download the latest firmware.
For successful communication with Sophos Central, the following network requirements must be met:
- The DHCP and DNS server is configured to provide the AP with an IP address and to answer its DNS requests (IPv4 only).
- The AP should be able to communicate with Sophos Central without the need to configure a VLAN for this connection on the AP.
- The AP needs direct access to Sophos Central to register. Therefore, no HTTPS proxy must be set up on the communication path.
- The following ports must be accessible through the Sophos AP: 80 (http), 443 (https), 123 (ntp443)