In this article, we will show you what is required for your Sophos access points to communicate with Sophos Central Wireless without any problems.
Important: If the following conditions are not met, problems may arise during the registration of a Sophos access point.
Supported Sophos access points
Sophos Central Wireless can only be used with the following access points:
- Sophos AP Series (End-of-Life)
- Sophos AP15 / AP15c
- Sophos AP55 / AP55c
- Sophos AP100 / AP100c / AP100x
- Sophos APX Series
- Sophos AP6 Series
Info: Whether an access point is compatible with Sophos Central Wireless depends on the model, but also on the installed firmware. Access points that have a Central sticker on the back can be connected without hesitation. If the model of an access point is correct, but there is no central sticker, it is recommended to connect the device to an XG or UTM v9.4 first to load the latest firmware on it.
For successful communication with Sophos Central, the following network requirements must be met:
- The DHCP and DNS server is configured to provide the AP with an IP address and to answer its DNS requests (IPv4 only).
- The AP should be able to communicate with Sophos Central without having to configure a VLAN for this connection on the AP.
- The AP needs direct access to Sophos Central to register. Therefore, no HTTPS proxy must be set up on the communication path.
- The following ports must be accessible by the Sophos AP: 80 (http), 443 (https), 123 (ntp443)