What should I do in case of a technical defect on my Sophos hardware?
Your Sophos device is defective and you still have a warranty? Find out how to initiate a warranty claim with Sophos.
Advice: Before you open a warranty claim, make sure it’s not the power supply. In our experience, Sophos power supplies are not exactly top quality products and fail relatively often.
Requirements for a warranty claim
Before you can open a warranty claim at all, you need to be sure that at least one of the following requirements is met:
- The SG/XG hardware is not older than 1 year.
- The SD-RED or APX access point is not older than 5 years.
- Your XG firewall is covered for a maximum of 5 years thanks to Enhanced or Enhanced Plus Support (SFOS).
- Your SG Firewall is covered by the warranty for the duration of an active licence thanks to Premium Support.
Excluded from warranty
In the following cases you are not entitled to a warranty:
- The hardware is externally damaged.
- The hardware no longer meets any of the requirements listed above.
Open RMA Ticket
To report a warranty claim to Sophos, you are practically following the same procedure as if you were opening a support ticket. We strongly recommend using the method with the Support Portal in this case. To open the ticket, follow these instructions and note the following points:
- Be sure to start the subject of the ticket with RMA. You specify the subject in the
Subjectfield. Choose a subject like “RMA - Sophos APX 120 - [serial number]”.
- In the field
Descriptionyou have to write all information about your device including revision and serial number.
- Describe exactly what is no longer working on the device and what you have already tried. The text must be written in English, as Sophos is currently no longer able to offer German-language support.
- If the device is definitely defective in your eyes and you have also checked that it is not due to the power supply, request a replacement.
- Don’t forget to include a contact person with address, email address and phone number in the
- Also clearly give Sophos an address where the new device should be sent to.
Once you have opened the ticket, experience has shown that it will be processed within a few hours. If anything is still unclear, Sophos will contact you by email or phone. If your RMA ticket is also a warranty claim for Sophos, send a new device to the delivery address listed in the
Problem summary. This has always been sent by DHL and always arrived within 1-2 working days.
Info: You will be notified by email as soon as your RMA order has been completed. In this message you will also find the DHL tracking number so you can track the package.
Return by DHL
In most cases, Sophos will ask you to return your defective device. Two return labels are already included with your package. Here is a brief description of the process to have DHL collect your package from you.
If you know how, the pickup is done in a few steps. First book a return collection here at DHL. Click
No on the
Need a shipping label question as you have already received two return labels from Sophos.
Next, you have to enter your shipment number. You will find this on your return label.
The next steps should all be self-explanatory. Once you have completed the process, you will receive your pick-up confirmation by email and just have to hand the package over to the DHL courier.
Important: Apply the return label once to the top of the package and once to the bottom of the package. For this reason, Sophos has also sent you two return labels. Make sure that you return the package to Sophos within 14 days. Otherwise, you will be charged for the replaced device. Only return the device itself without any power supplies, wireless antennas, power cables or other accessories.